Sunday 26 October, 2008

Their disks don' fall, they crash around me.

Recently I had given my laptop for a complete make over at the local Sony Vaio Service Center. As a prerequisite for the repair I had to back-up all the data on my external hard-drive, which is pretty old and which I knew might give up any day.

The back-up essentially contained all the info on my academic projects from second and third year at BITS, some of my favorite movies, e-books, music and most prized possessions of all my pics from first, second and third year. Semester 3-2 has been a particularly wonderful semester at BITS. There were a lot of memories attached to those special times which were dear to me and it hurt to see them all disappear as my hard-disk crashed all of a sudden. If only I had created a back-up before hand.
But then again looking at the bright side of things (I blatantly call my self an OPTIMIST you know), now that I do not have those pictures I will not end up browsing through those pics and feeling low about what I have lost. Memories are what we all hold on too during tough times and when these little droplets of joy are taken away, one tends to feel helpless and all alone.
Then again you can think of it as a chance to to move on, make new memories and grow stronger in life getting more and more trained. After all it was just another lab session with the trainer kit. :D

5 comments:

ankit said...

even i lost my pics and videos (1st sem to latest) -- > hdd crash !

but then, i got a lot of free space ;)

bloke said...

that's another way of looking at it, old baggage lost and new space gained :D

Prachi Bansal said...

hmmm...
sorry abt ur hard-disk...
but happy to see that u are enthusiastically looking at the brighter side of the things...

eNVy said...

everything happens for a reason... sumwhere hidden in the cosmos..

the one i could pull out is,... this crash has given u a chance for a new start, new things to treasure and new data to look forward to.
Now u kno better than before wat u realli miss after losin it,...

Ravemzsdin said...

i"l back up my nw..lol...sadiyoo se koi backup nahin.. :(