Wednesday 29 October, 2008

"sirf vicharon ki ladai hai yeh..."

"sirf vicharon ki ladai hai yeh..."
-some panditji

People who know me also know that I am a person who avoids fighting be it verbal or physical. I will make my point once or at max twice and if the opposing party is not convinced then generally the argument is stopped there as I easily back off without much resistance. I have always been this way. I always believed that speak where your words mean something, I know that I if at all I try to make a point it will be correct and precise. So no point giving my worthy advice to a bunch of nut-jobs.

Contrary to whatever I sincerely believed recently I have been doing a lot of fighting. Many a times I was provoked into saying things which are never meant to be said to your near and dear ones. No matter what kinda relation you share with a person, it may be friendship or love or a family tie one things always holds true. It only take one slip of tongue to ruin it all.

"Words are like bullets.."
- some midget from South Park

We all have to admit that the chemical factory upstairs i.e. our BRAIN, does churn out a lot of ugly thoughts specially when your are in a fight with someone, but then usually the logical part of the brain takes over and prevents you from saying those ugly things. One keeps his cool, calms down and then realizes what damage could have been done if that self control had not acted at the right moment. Then again things don't always go as planned.
I have said things to my parents, my friends, my love and some dear ones which I am not proud of. Whenever possible I try and go back to them, apologize for it , sit down with them and talk it over. Try and explain what provoked me into saying such a thing. But then again there are times when its better to leave things the way they are, for the simple reason that I am afraid that when I sit down to talk I might screw up things further.

All I am trying to say is that words are very powerful and it takes skill and courage to deal with them. Be careful next time when your are in rage.
You might say something you wish you hadn't said.

10 comments:

Oink said...

i just realized,
said = sa(i)d = i sad

so anything one says will make one sad.

ok so it was a pathetic pj. but i drove home the point 0.0

Prachi Bansal said...

@sid..
very well said..i suffer with the same problem i.e., when angry i blurt out anything that comes on my mind and regret it later..
i kno how much it hurts the other person, and thanks to him, i have improved a lot.. :)
@oink..
my goodness...yeh to phatta bhi nahin tha!!

V01c3 of 1gn0ranc3 said...

Dude, the only thng u need to change now is ur style of writin, if u start writin dohas....and u could be the next kabeer...

Well, truthfully speakin...what u say is correct...but u see..anger is supposed to be a ventin mechanism...u need to vent out all the negative emotions..so at one point or nother..u have to get angry or cry it all out..otherwise...u get a scene like the outta"He was a quiet man"

eNVy said...

this venting mechanism varies a lot from person to person.

letting out ur feelings in open, through words might be easier for most. i have even seen people exaggerating a lot on their end...

but i usually end up overcoming this desire to blurt n bury my words n expressions. tho i do have other means to pacify my inner self...

in short as long as u are in control doesnt matter how u deal with anger.

Angad said...

@oink omg!

@sid bokshing ish the besht

Ravemzsdin said...

yeh sab "vicharon ki dhara" nahin yeh sab breakup ka nazaaara hai..

So gt ur fckin negtv thoughts out rathen den cribbin wat u said.
Chill Dude..sab bholtey..jus take it as mayb d other person din had that much patience wrt u
Enjoyyy....

Kushalagarwal said...

Buddha tu kab jawan hoga ..

hash said...

kisi ne yyoyo nahi bola wtf hence yoyoyo..haan what where we discussin here?? mc oink..wtf envy..pro buddha..chus chus..noobad raman..kushal shutup!! yoyo

hash said...

mc raman vents his anger most on the football field..when bad tackles are made against him..oink gets angry when i copy paste his name on dc and write a series or expletives after that..envy gets angry when bhai invades his privacy..angad ka nahi pata..rdx gets angry when ancha puts downloads and he cant browse..choos is an angry young man \m/ and prachi gets angry when any of the extremely descriptive expletives are hurled at her on dc++..phir jisne gaali diya woh kick..i was at the receiving end once only caus i dinno who TULIO was :)..hf ppl..good work buddhe

bOOn said...

LOL @ rdx