Monday 24 November, 2008

A change of season...

As my internship is coming to an end I couldn't help but notice so much is going to change around me in the next few days... to begin with I changed my playlist. These 120 odd songs have been companion throughout my stay in Bangalore, since there was no other source of media.It was mixed blend with all the genres from chut Hip-Hop to O Palanhaare. But like everything else even this has to go as they have been taken over by 1.5 GB of happy music from Charlie. The waking up every morning to wait for VVP will be taken over the sleeping till 12 in the insti rooms. Routine testing work will be replaced by routine vellapanti which is always most welcome. But change is hardly pleasant... The freedom I have enjoyed in Bangalore is unlike I have experienced either back home or in Goa. There was a sense of responsibility along with the privilege of freedom. Tasted for the first time in my life exactly how difficult to spend your own hard earned money. Learned how a loner can help another loner to not be alone anymore.

But change is important, like the playlist. It undoubtedly contained my most favorite songs, still it was getting on my nerves. Familiarity breeds contempt you know. Just as the songs were changed the whole setup around me has to be changed. For many one pleasant change might be that I will stop blogging coz there won't be net facilities back in Goa. There will be new people to meet (I hope the 2008 batch has some delicious candy), new friends to make. And new things to learn

4 comments:

Rohit said...

"Familiarity breeds contempt", and resentment. I agree.

Change is not just inevitable, it is important. Too much of the same thing, and you don't get any new perspectives, no new ideas, no creativeness; in essence, your life becomes drab.

But at the same time, never forget your past - it is your past that has made you what you are today. Learn from it, and be thankful that you had an enjoyable past.

Prachi Bansal said...

hmm..i am going through pretty much the same thing...more than anything..i am gonna miss this feeling of independence in goa..
but what the heck...jus one more semester..and we need this one sem to go back to all those things we love in our coll..
and for the 2008 batch..from what i heard..i dunn think that u are going to be disappointed.. :D

Nimit said...

god only knows what will come first my insanity or end of ps2

eNVy said...

As every1 rightly said change=inevitable
but i try to live with the notion, 'grass is always greener on the other side' helps me get through a loads of things...

btw that 'loner' line was so apt, i couldnt have put it better myself.