Saturday 19 September, 2009

a rush of blood

Every step I take, thumping my feet on the ground only to take it off next moment, pressing the mud and the grass beneath my feet; sends a pulse up my body, a pulse of joy, a pulse of liberation, like unleashing a rocket waiting to speed away. The sight of kids playing football with their Ronaldinho and gawd knows who's tees, teen age guys sitting at pavilion and smoking away in their glory, grandpas taking an evening stroll along with their little ones, some athletes speeding away like they have to catch a bus and some heavy guys trying to catch their breath as they try to keep up...

Never been much of a sportsperson and this first taste of pushing my physical limits has given me a undying source of joy and confidence with nothing else can match up to.

At first it is sunny and the breathing gets tougher, the sun shines brightly before it finally gives up and unfolds a cool breeze. Slowly the fun builds up... The twilight in soon outlined by a boundary of trees on all sides of the Parade Ground here in BHEL Campus at Bhopal. The sight of the open sky is as rewarding as seeing the making of future football players and marathon runners of India. The thumping of my feet matched with the beats of the melodious music played creates a harmony which none can appreciate but the runner himself. As each step is taken, one more patch of grass covered and one more beat played, I move on to place which is my own, a place where I have clarity in my mind, where there is no pretense, no doubts, no preconceived notions, no regrets, just a bright light coming from the behind illuminating my path, giving me the courage to face what lies ahhead

4 comments:

Anu said...

\m/

Nitish Vashishtha said...

good for you, your evening walks in campus have evolved to jogging at bhel if i am not mistaken.... i still cant fathom the joys you get doing so, maybe another day.

gowri said...

omg.. poetic prose ! " teen age guys sitting at pavilion and smoking away in their glory "
Sid's all grown up now , only the kids smoke :D

Unknown said...

i felt like reading a poetic prose .At first glass difficult to understand for me .I have to back and read again .A poet hidden behind sid >>>>>>>>>>>